Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear 16 Year Old Me

Have you seen this video? I'm predicting that it's about to go viral, and for a good reason.




I must be good this summer and wear SPF more often. And not damage my skin. I am accountable to you guys now!

Speaking of SPF, do you have any recommendations for sunscreen that doesn't smell, leave a white cast, or cause breakouts? I know, I have many demands, but those are the reasons I avoid it at times. Don't follow my lead - I know I'll regret the damage my 14 year old self has done to her skin. Living in the piping hot Middle Eastern sun didn't help either. Throughout the years I've become more aware of the damage the sun rays can leave on the skin, whether it's sun spots, sunburns, wrinkles, new moles, and so forth. I used to let myself bake in the sun but as of late I probably have one semi-bad burn per year. Sounds bad, but this is a huge improvement for me. This year I will be burn-free!

I'm learning that the beauty bronze glow can be achieved with the help of products such as fake tanners and illuminators. My L'Oreal Sublime Bronze in Medium Natural Tan started smelling funky so I tossed in to the trash. I'm looking to try a different product though; the shimmer in the L'Oreal self tanner made me look like a glitter ball in the sun. Recommendations would be appreciated. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on these products, so drugstore options are the way to go. I've tried Jergen's Natural Glow fake tanner but regardless of my efforts in turned streaky. Not a pretty look. What is your favorite way to create that bronze glow?

Skin cancer can happen to anyone of us. Remember that. It's better to be cautious now than to regret it later.

xxxx

-Leetal


No comments:

Post a Comment